What does Eye Global Institute offer?
Health care that gives you the same quality care you’d expect from doctors at the world’s best hospitals. Yet is as close as around the corner.
We treat serious eye diseases and eye injuries and perform simple eye exams. And even if you don’t think you have any eye problems, we urge you to come in for a simple check of your eye health. At least once before the age of 40 and once a year after that. Call for an appointment — even if you’re uninsured, we can work out an easy payment plan.
You’ll notice cataracts because they usually start making your eyesight blurry. The good news is that cataracts can be removed, and after surgery, most people can see very well.
Most people over age 40 begin to have problems reading small print. This normal change is usually easy to correct with glasses or contact lenses. Macular degeneration can cause vision distortion even with glasses. If left unchecked, it can cause blindness.
Glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
If you are developing glaucoma or a diabetes-related eye disease, you won’t have any symptoms. Only an eye specialist can tell you if you have one of these eye diseases. If you wait until you start having problems seeing, it could be too late to save you from losing some, or all, of your eyesight.
Who is most at risk?
- People over 40 years of age.
- Hispanics, Blacks, South Americans and people from the Caribbean
- People who have diabetes
Pterygium…What is it, and who’s at risk for it?
Pterygium is a membrane inside your eye that can grow across the eye and interfere with your ability to see. It’s usually caused by exposure to wind and sun. Who’s at risk? Usually Blacks and Hispanics, especially those from the Caribbean.
Dr. Antonio Sims uses an advanced surgical technique to successfully treat pterygium that keeps it from coming back.
LASIK – for vision freedom.
LASIK is a simple eye surgery that can bring you freedom from the hassles and expense of contacts or glasses. And with LadarVision, Dr. Antonio Sims can maintain precise placement of the laser beam. Results are improved through greater accuracy. Dr. Antonio Sims can determine whether your current vision qualifies you as a LASIK candidate. Make an appointment today to speak with his about the amazing technique that has improved the vision of millions of people worldwide.
How can you protect yourself from blindness?
Get an eye exam every year from a licensed ophthalmologist. An ophthalmologist is an eye specialist who will check your vision and check the inside and the backside of your eye. Don’t worry, the tests are painless.
If you have diabetes, then you need to see your eye doctor regularly, no matter how old you are. The longer you have had diabetes, the more at risk you are for losing your eyesight to a diabetes-related eye disease.
Come visit our Optical Shoppe.
Hundreds of glasses and contacts to choose from, including soft contacts and disposable contacts.
An optician on-site to ensure your good vision every step of the way.
You’ll find the right frames at the right price.
Photosensitive lenses, sunglasses and protective glasses for sports and work.
Dr. Sims has earned a reputation for success with hard-to-fit cases.
What does Eye Global Center offer?
Our Diabetes Center was created to help people keep their diabetes in check by:
- Providing regular medical checkups to keep blood- sugar levels under control.
- Performing regular eye checkups to prevent diabetes-related eye diseases.
- Providing special patient educational information about diabetes.
- Offering special diet and nutrition programs.
- Offering you referrals to othis agencies and medical professionals as needed.
- He’s also an internal medicine specialist.
- Not only is Dr. Sims an experienced ophthalmologist, but he is also a licensed and board-certified medical doctor in the area of internal medicine,
Which means he can help in the areas of:
- Sickle-cell diseases
- Lung and heart diseases
- So when you choose Dr. Sims as your doctor, not only will he help keep your eyes healthy, but he’ll protect your overall health, too.
Eye Global Institute is your best source for…
- Routine eye exams
- Treatment of eye injuries
- Cataract surgery and lens implants
- Screening and treatment for glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration
- Eyelid and tear duct surgery
- In-office argon laser treatments for glaucoma, diabetes and vitreoretinal diseases
- In-office YAG laser treatments for after-cataract, glaucoma and vitreous surgery
- Correction of cross-eyes
- Corneal transplants and refractive surgery
- Pterygium treatment and surgery
- Protective glasses for work and sports
- Designer eyewear and contact lenses